Jun 2, 2011

Trust in the process

I am officially the worst blogger. Every time I would start to type I would decide to sleep instead. Plus the wifi in Ghana is not to great.

I can not believe how fast this trip has gone by. Only four days until I am home in the states. I've already planned out my meal when I get back. A juicy cheeseburger with a side salad and fruit. My body has been craving lettuce and fruit since we have gotten here.


I had a dance off with the girls but when I wanted to take a picture with them they froze.

I don't know why but I adore this picture.




I took this in Cape Coast while walking out of the slave castle. This picture really does not do justice to what it acutally looks like.

I was able to meet and talk with a master casket maker/artist in Accra today.
 The whole idea of death is very different but interesting in Ghana.

Mrs. Blalock and I ran into this group of childern who wanted us to give them candy. While Mrs. Blalock was talking to a teenager, I taught the kids how to jump for a picture. :-)


This was by far the best meal I have had on this trip.


This trip has been such an eye opening experience for me and I feel like the whole group as well. From talking with inspiring entrepreneurial Ghanaian women to visiting the Kumasi's Children Home I have grown so much as a person. It's going to be a culture shock coming back home after this trip.