Jun 25, 2011

It's all in the patterns

Doing this internship is truly confirming my opinion that fashion is a form of continuous art that will be ever evolving. 

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scentedsalamander/images/alexander_mcqueen.jpg
Fashion Notes | The Scented Salamander: Perfume & Beauty Blog & Webzine. (2011, March 15). Marie-Helene Wagner Presents MimiFroufrou.com. Retrieved June 26, 2011, from http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scentedsalamander/fashion_notes/index2.html


The pre-fall collection has started! Leslie has been showing me the ropes to flat drawings and pattern making this past week. She spent almost an entire day teaching me all about pattern making and I can truly say I have more of an appreciation for couture clothing. 

Before I could understand the process of pattern making, I had to make sure the target consumer was well defined before we started designing. ben's target customer is a woman in her late 30s or older. She is known for her fashion savvy style, but dresses sophisticated in a modest contemporary way. She enjoys the finer things in life and wants quality clothing that will last. From all that Leslie and I finally decided on these designs and proceed to make the patterns:


 




"I think there is beauty in everything. What 'normal' people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it." - Alexander McQueen