Jul 17, 2011

It's not about the hangers matching...

 http://www.lantica.com/images/QAlogo.png
In what area of your internship do you feel your greatest abilities lie?
Defiantly, product development and customer service. I loved every minute researching and designing a line. It made me feel worth while and accomplished. Since I had the opportunity to work in NANCY, my knowledge of customer service and managerial skills allowed Leslie and Nancy to trust in me to be by myself in the store. 
In what areas do you need to improvement?

I grew up learning that there is always room for improvement and to never settle. I would love to learn more about sewing,  pattern making and illustrator. Leslie got me started on my way to feeling comfortable with each thing but I'm always pushing myself to improve. 
What was your best experience?

Designing the pre-fall line for Ben and making a lookbook. I'll post pictures of the line and lookbook this week. I thoroughly enjoyed my morning meetings with Leslie and working with her in the store.
Worst Experience?

Towards the end of my internship I felt a like there was a little wasted time when I was stuck in the store all day by myself. I totally realize I'm an intern and should not complain but I felt a little used and forgotten about. Thankfully I love retail and helping people so it worked out in the end.
Biggest "fashion lesson learned'?

It's not about the hangers matching in the store but the experience of buying clothing and quality of  clothes. Working in the store I noticed women cared more about customer service and the quality of the clothing than the fact none of the hangers matched. Another thing I learned, is that patience and endurance is important for the fashion industry. It's okay to smile and nod if you do not agree with someones ideas or views on a trend or etc. 


To sum up my internship and my biggest fashion lesson learned... watch this video of an amazing designer and artist VIDEO

    "It’s a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It’s all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together."  — Alexander McQueen