Jul 1, 2011

Analyzing NANCY's Visual Merchandising

  
NANCY's is known more for its customer service than for the displays. When I first arrived at the store I found myself shocked that the windows were so bare and had little creativity to draw people in. As in a previous post, NANCY's target consumer is 35 plus woman who can afford the finer things in life. I asked Leslie about this and she simply stated that Nancy ( owner of NANCY) does not push for advertising or extravagant displays. She is more concerned with the customer service and word of mouth.
The picture above is the current display in the store. I like the fact that Nancy incorporated the shoes and purses with this display, but the mannequin does not match the rest of the display. I would suggest doing an outfit everyone would feel comfortable in. I feel for the majority of retailers this would not work but it's working for NANCY so I would not change her strategy because she has found her niche market.


"If eyes are the windows to the soul; then shop windows are just as revealing. They reveal the soul of the shop. " -Debra Templar