Jul 17, 2011

It's a bittersweet ending!

 I am in utter shock that my internship is coming to an end. This entire summer has been life changing for me. Starting my summer with Ghana and ending it with my internship on SSI has been amazing.  I hope I can remember everything I've learned over the past six weeks and use it to the best of my ability.

I would rate my overall performance a nine out of ten. I feel like I worked the hardest I've ever done before. I do realize I was at the beach the entire summer and it was not a normal 9 to 5 internship but that did not stop me from working beyond my full potential. I have learned so much about  what it truly takes to make a clothing line and run a high end store. Leslie also went above and beyond to show me how to sew, use illustrator and let me read over her books from Parsons School of Design. I always made sure I communicated and dressed in a professional manor while working with Leslie and working in the store NANCY. I believe that my professional judgement has grown over this summer, but I know that I still have a lot to learn and experience to really understand this industry.

Like I've said in other posts Leslie has not only been a wonderful boss but an amazing mentor. She has counciled me on many occasions on my life, job and resume. I am so grateful to have been able to learn from such a wonderful woman and designer. I wish the best of luck to her as she leaves SSI to start a new life in Iowa with her husband. I truly am going to miss her.
 
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman